The John Aitchison Award for Outstanding Contribution
Recognising those members who have ‘gone the extra mile’ to benefit the BHBIA membership.
Nominations for 2023 have now closed, and the winner will be announced in December. Read on for more information
About the award
This award recognises those members who have ‘gone the extra mile’ to benefit of the BHBIA membership.
It is dedicated to John Aitchison, who sadly passed away in 2020, in recognition of John's exceptional commitment to the BHBIA and our industry. Read more about John.
Members are invited to nominate those individuals who have made a valuable contribution to the BHBIA and its members during the year. The BHBIA Board then selects the winner.
We welcome nominations in any aspect of the BHBIA's activity, for example:
- Someone who has helped to raise standards of legal and ethical compliance through their work on guidelines
- Someone who has made a significant contribution to professional development or best practice through their involvement in training courses and events
- Someone who has put an exceptional effort into the activities of a BHBIA committee or initiative
- All nominees must be a member of the BHBIA and you can not nominate yourself.
- Current members of the BHBIA Board are not eligible to be nominated for these awards, nor are employees or anyone contracted to work on behalf of the organisation.
- You may submit more than one nomination. Please use a separate form for each.
The winner will receive an engraved glass trophy and BHBIA training and events vouchers to be used by the end of the following year. This allows personal members to attend an event that may otherwise be too expensive or rewards the companies who support their people to work on BHBIA activities.
Timetable for the Outstanding Contribution Award 2023
- Nominations open: 1st September 2023
- Deadline for nominations: 10th October 2023
- Nominations reviewed by BHBIA Board: October - November 2023
- Winner(s) announced: 1st December 2023 (Winter Seminar)
- Presentation of Award to winner(s): 13th - 14th May 2024 (BHBIA Annual Conference)