This award is for someone who has ‘gone the extra mile’ for the benefit of the BHBIA and its members. Following the sad news that John passed away in May 2020, the award will, from 2020 onwards, be named ‘The John Aitchison Award for Outstanding Contribution’, in memory of John’s exceptional commitment to the BHBIA and the industry - read more about John here.
Recognising those members who have ‘gone the extra mile’ for the benefit of the BHBIA membership.
Members were invited to nominate those individuals who they felt have made an outstanding contribution to the organisation and its members during the year and the winners were selected by the BHBIA Board. The winners were announced at the Winter Seminar on 6th December and will be formally presented at the Annual Conference in May.
The 2019 winners are:
John Aitchison - First Line Research / SurveyScore
John was nominated for his continued contribution to ensuring that we evolve as an industry to tackle the issue of declining market response rates, through his work with Mel Bayley to build on the Task Force recommendations. John also designed and ran, jointly with Sarah Smith of Kantar, the BHBIA’s highly successful Behavioural Science Summit in June. In addition, he delivered a great conference session, so overall he has made a fantastic contribution to the BHBIA during 2019.
Xavier Fonder - RONIN International
Xavier has continued to work with enthusiasm since taking over the role of Chair of the Fieldwork Forum. He works passionately to try and make change and improvements to everything related to fieldwork. He worked closely with the Response Rate Task Force and is a highly valued and active member of the Ethics & Compliance Committee too.
Nominations for 2020 will open in August. See bottom of this page for the full timetable.
More about the award
This award recognises those members who have ‘gone the extra mile’ for the benefit of the BHBIA membership.
Members are invited to nominate those individuals who you think have made an outstanding contribution to the organisation and its members during the year.
Examples of members who might deserve this award could include:
- Someone who has helped to raise standards of legal and ethical compliance through their work on guidelines initiatives
- Someone who has made a significant contribution to education and/or the promotion of best practice through their involvement in training courses/events
- Someone who has put an exceptional amount of effort into the activities of a committee such as the Fieldwork Forum or BOBI Committee.
These are just some examples - we welcome nominations in any area of BHBIA activity. Read on for more information, or:
- All nominees must be a member of the BHBIA and you cannot nominate yourself.
- Current members of the BHBIA Board are not eligible to be nominated for these awards, nor are employees or anyone contracted to work on behalf of the organisation.
- You can submit more than one nomination if you like - please use a separate form for each.
The Award is made in the form of BHBIA training and events vouchers to be used by the end of the following year, thus allowing personal members to attend an event that would otherwise too expensive or rewarding the companies who provide time for people to work on BHBIA activities.
The winner also receives a high quality, engraved glass trophy.
To see past winners, click on the link on the right hand side of this page.
Timetable for the 2020 Outstanding Contribution Award:
- Nominations open: August 2020
- Deadline for nominations: late September 2020 (date to be confirmed)
- Nominations reviewed by BHBIA Committee: October - November 2020
- Winner(s) announced: December 2020 (at the BHBIA Winter Seminar).
- Presentation of Award to winner(s): May 2021 (at the BHBIA Annual Conference)