The John Aitchison Award for Outstanding Contribution
Recognising those members who have ‘gone the extra mile’ for the benefit of the BHBIA membership
Members are invited to nominate those individuals who they felt have made an outstanding contribution to the organisation and its members during the year and the winners will then be selected by the BHBIA Board.
The winners will be announced in December and will be formally presented with their awards at the Annual Conference in May.
Following the sad news that John Aitchison passed away in May 2020, the award has been renamed ‘The John Aitchison Award for Outstanding Contribution’, in memory of John’s exceptional commitment to the BHBIA and the industry - read more about John here.
Nominations for 2020 are now closed
Read on for more information about the award, including the full timetable.
More about the award
This award recognises those members who have ‘gone the extra mile’ for the benefit of the BHBIA membership.
Members are invited to nominate those individuals who you think have made an outstanding contribution to the organisation and its members during the year.
Examples of members who might deserve this award could include:
- Someone who has helped to raise standards of legal and ethical compliance through their work on guidelines initiatives
- Someone who has made a significant contribution to education and/or the promotion of best practice through their involvement in training courses/events
- Someone who has put an exceptional amount of effort into the activities of a committee such as the Fieldwork Forum or BOBI Committee.
These are just some examples - we welcome nominations in any area of BHBIA activity. Read on for more information, or:
- All nominees must be a member of the BHBIA and you cannot nominate yourself.
- Current members of the BHBIA Board are not eligible to be nominated for these awards, nor are employees or anyone contracted to work on behalf of the organisation.
- You can submit more than one nomination if you like - please use a separate form for each.
The Award is made in the form of BHBIA training and events vouchers to be used by the end of the following year, thus allowing personal members to attend an event that would otherwise too expensive or rewarding the companies who provide time for people to work on BHBIA activities.
The winner also receives a high quality, engraved glass trophy.
To see past winners, click on the link on the right hand side of this page.
Timetable for the 2021 Outstanding Contribution Award:
- Nominations open: August 2020
- Deadline for nominations: Friday 18th September 2020
- Nominations reviewed by BHBIA Board: October - November 2020
- Winner(s) announced: December 2020
- Presentation of Award to winner(s): May 2021 (at the BHBIA Annual Conference)