The John Aitchison Award for Outstanding Contribution
Recognising those members who have ‘gone the extra mile’ for the benefit of the BHBIA membership
Congratulations to the 2021 winners: Marie Harrison & Ian Crouchley - Partners, Consortium
Ian and Marie have been nominated for all the work that they've put into developing training courses and webinars for the BHBIA. During 2021 they've helped us to introduce new training formats that make the most of remote technology, as well as sharing with members their learnings about how to conduct qualitative market research in the virtual setting.
It requires a tremendous amount of time to develop and deliver courses and they both do this at no charge to the BHBIA as they believe passionately in sharing their knowledge and helping to raise the standard of pharma MR.
Their win was announced on Friday 3rd December 2021 at the BHBIA Winter Seminar and presented to Ian and Marie at the Annual Conference on 16th May 2022:
Ian commented: "I’m pleased as punch to learn that my colleague Marie Harrison and I have been presented with the John Aitchison Award for Outstanding Contribution by the BHBIA. I’m led to believe the award recognises the time and work we have both committed to developing and delivering training courses for the BHBIA’s membership, fellow business intelligence professionals. I must say it is always a pleasure to be able to share knowledge and enthuse others. It is particularly poignant that the award is in John Aitchison’s name, as Marie and I worked with him for many years, joining forces on projects for clients and also developing and delivering training for fellow BHBIA members."
Marie added: "Feeling very honoured to receive the John Aitchison Award for Outstanding Contribution to the BHBIA. I like to think that our dear friend John would approve of the fact that it was made in relation to education and training."
Read on for more information about the award, including the full timetable (nominations for 2022 will open in early September)
This award recognises those members who have ‘gone the extra mile’ for the benefit of the BHBIA membership.
Following the sad news that John Aitchison passed away in May 2020, the award was renamed ‘The John Aitchison Award for Outstanding Contribution’, in memory of John’s exceptional commitment to the BHBIA and the industry - read more about John here.
Members are invited to nominate those individuals who they think have made an outstanding contribution to the organisation and its members during the year and the winners are then selected by the BHBIA Board.
The winner(s) are announced in December and then formally presented with their awards at the Annual Conference the following May.
Examples of members who might deserve this award could include:
- Someone who has helped to raise standards of legal and ethical compliance through their work on guidelines initiatives
- Someone who has made a significant contribution to education and/or the promotion of best practice through their involvement in training courses/events
- Someone who has put an exceptional amount of effort into the activities of a committee such as the Fieldwork Forum or BOBI Committee.
These are just some examples - we welcome nominations in any area of BHBIA activity. Read on for more information.
- All nominees must be a member of the BHBIA and you cannot nominate yourself.
- Current members of the BHBIA Board are not eligible to be nominated for these awards, nor are employees or anyone contracted to work on behalf of the organisation.
- You can submit more than one nomination if you like - please use a separate form for each.
The Award is made in the form of BHBIA training and events vouchers to be used by the end of the following year, thus allowing personal members to attend an event that would otherwise too expensive or rewarding the companies who provide time for people to work on BHBIA activities.
The winner also receives a high quality, engraved glass trophy.
To see past winners, click on the link on the right hand side of this page.
Timetable for the Outstanding Contribution Award (specific dates for 2022 to be confirmed):
- Nominations open: Early September
- Deadline for nominations: Late September
- Nominations reviewed by BHBIA Board: October - November
- Winner(s) announced: December
- Presentation of Award to winner(s): May the following year (at the BHBIA Annual Conference)