Entry deadline: 15th February 2021 – 5pm
Submission deadline (for those who have entered and received the brief): 22nd March
Awarded to the individual analyst who has best showcased their skills in turning complex datasets into an interactive, engaging report that tells the story within the data, in a specially tailored competition.
Simply complete an entry form now, and you’ll receive the brief in March, to work on in your own time over a three-week period, then submit it for judging.
Can you turn data into an engaging story? Are you an expert in your chosen reporting tool?
Using data sets drawn from published NHS resources and a brief giving you the requirements, create a report that will work for sales reps, managers and head office users.
No long submissions, trawling through historic work or even leaving the comfort of your cubicle to take part!
Your task will be to load the data in your favourite reporting tool and create an interactive, engaging report that tells the story within the data. In the past, successful entries have typically been in the format of dashboard-style reports that facilitate dynamic display of the data.
- A chance to showcase your analytical skills;
- A level playing field: everyone works on the same task and you will only be competing against other individuals.
- No concerns about commercial sensitivity/client permissions - it’s a hypothetical brief and submissions are judged anonymously;
- The task and data set will be tailored for individuals (i.e. simpler than the team task, suitable for a solo entrant to work with).
- As well as the chance of winning, taking part is a good learning and development exercise.
You can view last year’s winners here – click on the VIEW WINNER DETAILS buttons for Analyst of the Year and Analyst Team of the Year to see screenshots from the winning entries, which will give you an idea of the standard required.
How to enter
Note: this is an individual award - if you are team of two or more people, please enter Analyst Team of the Year - which is specifically tailored for team entries. (Also please note that any given individual can only enter one or the other - i.e. the same person cannot enter Analyst of the Year as well as being part of a team entering Analyst Team of the Year.)
All you need to do now is click on the ENTRY FORM tab to register your intention to take part.
What happens next?
- We will contact you with details of the brief, which will be available from Monday 1st March for you to work on at your own pace;
- You'll need to send us your submission by 5pm on Monday 22nd March (full submission guidelines will be provided along with the brief, but the report format is up to you - the only restriction is that the judges must be able to view the report without having to buy a licence!)
Judging will take place in April - the panel will include analytics experts with client and agency experience.
At the same time as providing the brief, we’ll provide guidance on the specific criteria on which the entries will be judged.
The highly commended shortlist will be publicised towards the end of April. Before the publicity goes out, we’ll let you know whether or not your entry has been successful in reaching this stage. One of the highly commended entries will be announced as the winner at the awards ceremony on 10th May.
See FAQS AND ENTRY TIPS for further useful information