Entries for 2017 are now closed
Competition Day: 21st April 2017
The 2017 Best Newcomer competition event will take place at Fieldwork International, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW
Best Newcomer 2016-17 is sponsored by Sanofi.
Would you like the chance to demonstrate your ability and potential, and gain new perspectives too? The Best Newcomer competition is a development opportunity as well as a chance to win recognition as a talented newcomer.
- For pharma and agency newcomers with no more than three years’ experience in roles that include business intelligence, analytics or market research/fieldwork (at 31st December 2016)
- One-day competition event – individual exercises based on a practical simulation exercise/case-study
- Each task is assessed by a small team of friendly senior industry judges
- The tasks are designed to be sufficiently broad for all candidates to undertake – whether you work in market research, sales analytics, business information, fieldwork or other related disciplines. They will test skills such as planning, organisation and communication, rather than in-depth knowledge of particular processes or techniques
- There are also opportunities for networking with judges and fellow contestants, and this year we hope to extend this by inviting everyone to stay and relax over a drink at the end of the day.
How to enter:
Please obtain your line manager’s permission and then complete the online Entry Form.
There is no fee to enter the Best Newcomer competition, but you must work in a full BHBIA member company, and, as spaces are limited, the BHBIA reserve the right to limit entries to two per company if capacity is exceeded
For additional information consult our Frequently Asked Questions resource.
Special Conference tickets for Newcomer participants:
We appreciate that it can be difficult for companies to prioritise who attends the Conference (and normally people have to attend at least one day of the Conference to come to the Awards). So we have introduced a new ticket type specially for those taking part in the Best Newcomer Awards: Entrants will have the option to purchase a ‘dinner only’ ticket (with or without accommodation).
We hope that this will allow a majority of entrants to be there on the night, as well as maximising the chance of the winner being present to collect their award. Of course it would be even better if you can convince your boss to let you attend the whole Conference!
We also plan to have some 'VIP' tables at the front of the room; Newcomers attending the dinner will be invited to join us.