Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, London WC1H 9BD
Thursday 21 October 2021, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
This workshop will be in two parts:
Part 1 (AM): Improving brand performance by generating meaningful data
insights to shape strategy
Normally, when a team is looking at a brand performance, a set of KPIs (or only metrics) is repeatedly tracked month after month. The team is used to this regular tracking and would draw conclusions upon them. Many external and internal factors are continuously changing, and a set of static metrics would not be able to provide meaningful and further insights for strategic planning.
Making effective and efficient use of performance data is not easy, but it is a continuous process which is an essential element to go hand in hand with your professional experience of the product or therapy area to generate meaningful data insights to shape strategy.
This very practical training session will involve analysing data and crossing it on different ways through diverse calculations and to understand their meaning (sales data, market shares, relative growth, potential, sales team activity, etc). We’ll discuss how to identify key accounts through different calculations and visualise them on a simple way to be understood by stakeholders (i.e. Boston Matrix). We’ll demonstrate how a thorough analysis of the data can guide us to identify those key levers to improve performance.
Part 1 (PM): Negotiating your forecast
Effective forecasting can be as much about communication of the forecast as it is about the methodologies used. For all of the detail that can go into creating an accurate forecast, requests for changes and the search for upside can often lead to final forecasts that are unsatisfactory.
This session will cover some of the key aspects of creating a robust forecast, but will also cover advice on how to manage the process of communicating the forecast to senior colleagues and dealing with their requests for changes.
It will be useful for anyone who has a stake in putting together revenue forecasts at any level in a pharma company.
- Forecasting today - Brief overview of what forecasting in a pharma company involves today, and how things have changed over the past 10 – 20 years; Understanding the current forecasting challenges faced by different people of different roles in pharma companies; High level overview of different forecasting methodologies and their suitability for different purposes
- Key negotiation principles - Understanding some of the key principles of negotiating successfully
- Negotiating your forecast - Interactive session to consider how we can apply the principles of negotiation to typical forecasting processes that exist within pharma companies
- Martin is an Engagement Manager based in London, UK
- He leads the delivery of projects areas such as forecasting, sales force sizing, segmentation and targeting
- Martin brings 10 years of experience of working within pharma and healthcare sectors, and has experience managing outsourced analytics teams
- Martin has particular geographical experience in the UK
- 1st Class Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Cambridge
Areas of expertise:
- Forecasting and Opportunity Assessment
- Segmentation and Targeting
- Sales Force Sizing
- New Launch Planning
- Commercial Organisation Design
I have been a business intelligence professional for 14 years within the pharmaceutical industry, working at local, regional and global level for small, medium and large pharmaceutical companies (Lundbeck, Merck, Abbie) in various roles as analyst, manager and consultant.
Currently, working as an independent consultant working with different clients on optimising performance projects.
I have successfully led numerous projects analysing data to produce key insights from brand teams which have helped with senior management decisions to shape strategy. The majority of these insights were presented to stakeholders with different backgrounds and levels within the pharmaceutical companies. Having the experience to work with these different stakeholders has helped me to get a holistic approach on what could be a key lever to improve performance vs what is a regular performance metric.
We are very grateful to these two organisations for collaborating to deliver this exciting session, and for giving their time and expertise for the benefit of BHBIA members.
'Early bird' delegate fees for bookings made on or before the 26th August 2021:
- Members: £404 + VAT
- Non-Members: £494 + VAT
(These prices include a 10% early booking discount).
Cancellation Policy for early bird bookings: full fee payable / no refunds given; however a substitute delegate can be accepted. (Our standard cancellation policy does not apply).
Delegate Fees for bookings made after the 26th August 2021:
- Members: £449 + VAT
- Non-Members: £549 + VAT
Cancellation Policy: standard cancellation policy applies, as stated on booking form
Online Booking - Click on the register for event button below. Please note you must be logged in if you are a member or join as a registered user to book online. VAT will be added when you click Register for Event