November 15th, 2021
The 2022 Analyst and Analyst Team of the Year competitions are virtual, ONE-DAY events, which will take place on Wednesday 23rd March, 2022
The one-day event format means that you only need to commit a single day to your report development yet still have a chance for all the glory of winning the Analyst or Analyst Team of the Year.
These competitions allow you to apply your skills to a realistic case-study based challenge, turning complex datasets into an interactive, engaging report. Simply complete an entry form by the February deadline (see bottom of this page for full timelines) and we'll contact you with more details closer to the event.
The data sets you will be working with will require no cleaning or matching, to ensure you can focus on delivering a great report that both tells the story and engages the viewer in ways that make them want to explore for themselves. Entrants will provided with the necessary datasets, and will attend a video briefing, following which you’ll be free to work on your report prior to submitting it for judging the next morning.
Once again there will be separate, specially tailored competitions for teams vs. solo analysts, so you’ll need to decide which one you want to enter.
To inspire you, here are our 2021 winners reacting to their success:
Kate Stevens, KES Consultancy, won Analyst of the Year, whilst Analyst Team of the Year was won by a team from Purdie Pascoe and The Stats People.
Here are some resources that you may find useful:
- View more details of the 2021 winning and highly commended entries (however please remember that these entrants had 3 weeks to complete the task, so please don't be put off. The judges will be realistic about what can be achieved in a day!)
- To help give you an idea of the types of challenges that may be set, you can download the 2020 and 2021 briefs below:
Timeline for the 2022 Analyst / Analyst Team of the Year Competitions:
- 3rd December 2021: Entries open - complete a simple form to register that you'd like to take part (If entering as a team you don't need to have finalised your team line-up at this point)
- 14th February 2022: Entries close
- 23rd March 2022: Competition takes place (Zoom briefing then task completed in your own time)
- April 2022: Highly-commended finalists announced
- 16th May 2022: Awards Ceremony - part of the BHBIA Annual Conference at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London
Look out for an email from the BHBIA when entries open - or head to the BOBI Awards section of the website on 3rd December.