November 1st, 2021
ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN - CLICK HERE TO ENTER (DEADLINE 14 FEBRUARY 2022, 5PM)
Following its successful introduction in 2020, the biennial Compliance Challenge will be back for 2022!
The Compliance Challenge is designed to put the spotlight on great compliance work. It's a chance to demonstrate your compliance knowledge and your ability to put it into practice with commercial flair – successful entries will demonstrate the ability to apply compliance know-how in a pragmatic and business-friendly way.
Entries will open in December and it's free to enter, but now is a good time to start getting your team together. You will need to complete an entry form by the February deadline (see bottom of this page for full timelines) and we'll contact you with a full briefing closer to the competition dates.
Key things you need to know:
- The challenge will take the form of a hypothetical UK-based case study that throws up real compliance issues and questions. It will include elements of primary market research, fieldwork/data collection and data analysis/secondary data.
- You are more likely to be able to successfully tackle the challenge if your team is drawn from different disciplines and different organisations (recommended maximum of 6 main entrants), but this is not essential.
- Simply complete an entry form by the February deadline (see bottom of this page for timelines). You will have three weeks from the moment the brief is released to submit a proposal. Teams are free to work on the brief in their own time, prior to submitting their entry for judging—the 3-week timeframe is to allow ample time for entrants to put their heads together in the middle of otherwise busy schedules.
Here's what some of the 2020 winning team members said about taking part:
"The Compliance Challenge was an interesting and eye-opening experience which really put us to the test. We brought in members from all stages of the project lifecycle, both internal and external, to ensure we covered every eventuality and I’m so glad we did! Each member of the team brought a completely different perspective on each task and combined we were able to provide well rounded responses. It was really great to be part of the winning team and we all most definitely went away not only feeling proud to win but also with a greater appreciation of the issues faced by pharma clients and fieldwork agencies, as well as our own" - Kate Shaul, Adelphi Research
"Taking part in the BHBIA BOBI Compliance challenge was a great experience. It offered GKA an unique insight into what MRAs, and pharma clients, were looking for in their partner recruitment agencies when it came to compliance. Generally it gave us the opportunity to strengthen our relationship with everyone involved and I think we all left with a great sense of achievement in completing our entry (and winning!)" - Adam Irwin, GKA
To help give you an idea of the types of issues and questions you'll face, you can download the 2020 Compliance Challenge brief here:
(However please note that the 2020 challenge was purely MR focussed - for 2022 we will be looking to upweight the data analytics elements)
Timeline for the 2022 Compliance Challenge:
- 3rd December 2021: Entries open - complete a simple form to register that you'd like to take part (you don't need to have finalised your team line-up at this point)
- 14th February 2022: Entries close
- 1st - 22nd March 2022: Competition takes place (brief issued on 1st March and competition completed in your own time, over a 3-week period)
- April 2022: Highly-commended finalists announced
- 16th May 2022: Awards Ceremony - part of the BHBIA Annual Conference at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London
Look out for an email from the BHBIA when entries open - or head to the BOBI Awards section of the website on 3rd December.