November 15th, 2021
Once again this year the Creative Fieldwork Team of the Year entrants will be able to choose whether to complete a quantitative or qualitative market research fieldwork challenge, allowing each team to play to their strengths.
The BOBI Award for Creative Fieldwork Team of the Year is awarded to a team for the most creative response to the BHBIA’s ‘Request for Proposal’ in a fantasy tender.
Your task will be to respond to the brief, demonstrating creativity in how the fieldwork is to be executed. You will not need to be constrained by your company’s actual resources – you’ll be free to imagine what could be achieved with unlimited expertise (but the judges will be looking for realistic budget proposals!). The judges will also be looking for willingness to challenge the brief, and, of course, demonstration of legal and ethical compliance. Please note that the RfP will relate only to the fieldwork element, not the whole market research project.
Simply complete an entry form by the February deadline (see bottom of this page for full timelines) and we'll contact you with a full briefing closer to the competition dates. You will have three weeks from the moment the brief is released to submit a proposal. Teams are free to work on the brief in their own time, prior to submitting their entry for judging—the 3-week timeframe is to allow ample time for entrants to put their heads together in the middle of otherwise busy schedules.
When you enter we'll ask whether you plan to complete the qual or quant section, but you don't have to make a firm decision until you see the brief.
To inspire you, here is Franco Esposito of Kantar, Profiles Division, reacting to his team being announced as the 2021 Creative Fieldwork Team of the Year:
To help give you an idea of the types of task that may be set, you can download the 2021 brief and submission guidelines below.
Timeline for the 2022 Creative Fieldwork Team of the Year Competition:
- 3rd December 2021: Entries open - complete a simple form to register that you'd like to take part (If entering as a team you don't need to have finalised your team line-up at this point)
- 14th February 2022: Entries close
- 1st - 22nd March 2022: Competition takes place (brief issued on 1st March and competition completed in your own time, over a 3-week period)
- April 2022: Highly-commended finalists announced
- 16th May 2022: Awards Ceremony - part of the BHBIA Annual Conference at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London
Look out for an email from the BHBIA when entries open - or head to the BOBI Awards section of the website on 3rd December.