The British Healthcare Business Intelligence Association
The core aim of the BHBIA is to promote and enhance the professionalism and value of business intelligence within the Healthcare Industry. Our members are drawn from pharmaceutical/ healthcare companies and the agencies/consultancies that supply business intelligence services to those companies.
The BHBIA offers three membership options
- Corporate membership
- Personal membership
- Affiliate membership
In addition there are two non-member categories that allow access to the online training and certification but do not confer full membership status.
- Corporate Certified non-member
- Personal Certified non-member
The membership year runs from 1 October to 30 September with the first year's subscription pro-rated depending on the date of joining.
One of the main objectives of the BHBIA is to provide members with ongoing learning and development that will help them perform their professional role inthe work place. As part of this process, the BHBIA runs a comprehensive programme of activities throughout the year to help develop the skills of those working in a business intelligence environment.
Conferences and Seminars
The current programme consists of:
- BHBIA Winter Seminar (held in December)
This educational one day meeting aims to bring the BHBIA audience up to date on issues currently affecting business intelligence personnel.
- BHBIA Annual Conference (held in April/May)
This is our premier event of the calendar. The two-day meeting focuses on a topical theme for the healthcare industry which directly impacts on business intelligence issues. Key speakers from the healthcare arena and other industries are invited to the platform to give their perspective on current thinking. Formal sessions, coupled with workshops and discussion forums, provide an interactive programme designed to stimulate debate and cross-fertilisation of ideas amongst delegates.
- BHBIA Members' Exchange Meetings and Summer Evening Event (held in September)
One day closed meetings are held separately for Industry Division and Agencies/Consultancies/Personal Members. The two groups then come together to discuss common issues. On the same day, an evening social event takes place to which all are welcome.
With the exception of the summer evening social event, all these meetings are for full BHBIA members only.
The BHBIA training programme is divided into three areas:
- Foundation Training builds upon the strong tradition of BHBIA courses over many years. Courses are designed for those who are relatively new to business intelligence with up to twelve month's experience or for those whose experience of business intelligence has been restricted to certain aspects rather than being broad based.
There are two streams to the foundation training:
"Introduction to Pharmaceutical Sales Reseach" and "Introduction to Pharmaceutical Business Intelligence and Market Research". Courses run once or twice a year in the spring and autumn.
In addition, occasional one-day workshops such as "Market Research for non Market Researchers course", aimed particularly at product managers are also run.
- One-day workshops cover specialised business intelligence topic areas and are run by leading agencies or external experts for the benefit of members. Example topics are "Interviewing and Moderating", "Forecasting" and "NHS Update".
- Ethics and Guidelines training courses cover the 'Legal and Ethical Framework for Healthcare Market Research' and ABPI Adverse Event reporting guidelines. Both one-day workshops and online training options are available.
BOBI Awards (held annually)
The BOBI (Best of Business Intelligence) awards provide an opportunity to celebrate excellence in business intelligence. Winners receive a trophy and cash prize, and there are opportunities for organisations to be associated with the awards through sponsorship.
Ad Hoc Events
Additional events - for example discussion forums and social evenings - may be convened in response to members' needs.