14th February 2022 – 5pm
deadline (for those who have entered and received the brief): 22nd March
Awarded to the team who respond best to a challenge that tests understanding of compliance requirements and ability to resolve them
Simply complete an entry form now, and you’ll receive the brief in March
The Compliance Challenge is designed to put the spotlight on great compliance work. It's a chance to demonstrate your compliance knowledge and your ability to put it into practice with commercial flair – successful entries will demonstrate the ability to apply compliance know-how in a pragmatic and business-friendly way.
Key things you need to know:
- The challenge will take the form of a hypothetical UK-based case study that throws up real compliance issues and questions. It will include elements of primary market research, fieldwork/data collection and data analysis/secondary data.
- You are more likely to be able to successfully tackle the challenge if your team is drawn from different disciplines and different organisations (recommended maximum of 6 main entrants). This year we are upweighting the analytics elements of the brief, so we strongly recommend that you include analytics as well a MR expertise.
Your task will be to respond to the compliance challenges, provide
solutions and explain why they are the right way to go.
- A level playing field: everyone works on the same task;
- No concerns about commercial sensitivity/client permissions - it’s a hypothetical case-study and submissions are judged anonymously;
- As well as the chance of winning, taking part provides an opportunity to foster good teamwork (if applicable), and a learning and development exercise.
How to enter
All you need to do now is click on the ENTRY FORM tab to register your intention to take part.
- You may enter as an individual or a team, however we recommend that you enter as a team to optimise your chances of success;
- Teams can be drawn from different disciplines (e.g. research, operations or analytics) and different organisations (end client companies, market research or fieldwork agencies). Collaboration between different types of organisations will be welcome so feel free to work with similarly motivated colleagues and build a compliance ‘dream team’;
- As a guideline we recommend that a team contains no more than 6 main entrants. If required, you will be able to list additional supporting team members to be credited in the ‘small print’;
- At this stage you do not need to tell us the names of all the team members – just the companies involved. When you send us your submission, we'll ask you to confirm the names of all those who have worked on it.
What happens next?
- We will contact you with details of the brief, which will be available from Tuesday 1st March and will include guidelines on the required (PowerPoint slide) format for submissions and the criteria on which your entry will be judged;
- You will have three weeks from the moment the brief is released to submit a proposal. Teams are free to work on the brief in their own time, prior to submitting their entry for judging - the 3-week timeframe is to allow ample time for entrants to put their heads together in the middle of otherwise busy schedules;
- You'll need to send us your submission by 5pm on Tuesday 22nd March.
The judging process
- Judging will take place in April - the panel will be made up of compliance experts drawn from the BHBIA’s Ethics & Compliance Committee and it will include those working in end client, market research and fieldwork environments;
- All entries will be anonymous when judged and the entries will remain completely confidential. They will not be seen or shared outside the judging panel or BHBIA Admin Team unless you give your explicit consent for this;
- The judges will be looking at the breadth and depth of your compliance knowledge and your ability to provide fair and pragmatic solutions that you can justify, even in grey areas.
The highly commended shortlist will be publicised towards the end of April. Before the publicity goes out, we’ll let you know whether or not your entry has been successful in reaching this stage. One of the highly commended entries will be announced as the winner at the awards ceremony on 16th May.
See FAQS AND ENTRY TIPS for further useful information - including details of the actual task that was set last time we ran the Compliance Challenge
View the Terms and Conditions of Entry