The BHBIA offers two core online training programmes for market researchers:
- Legal and Ethical Guidelines for Market Researchers
- Adverse Event Reporting in Market Research
Each consists of a set of training slides and an associated competency test. Certification is renewed annually. Renewals open in September each year and certificates are then valid until 31st October the following year (subject to payment of membership fees).
There are three additional programmes:
- NEW Q1 2020 Compliant AI Projects – legal and ethical considerations for working with artificial intelligence (slides + 'one-off' test - i.e. no annual re-certification)
- NEW Q4 2019 Practical and Ethical Consent Gathering for Customer Database Managers (slides + 'one-off' test - i.e. no annual re-certification)
- Guidance for Reviewing/Approving Market Research Materials (slides only)
Further information that you may find useful:
1. Online test/certification FAQ - We answer your questions about the annual certification process for market researchers
2. BHBIA/EPHMRA Guidelines Competency test collaboration - If you are a member of both BHBIA and EphMRA you can save time by not having to take 2 full tests. EphMRA offers a partial test which combined with a full BHBIA test meets their requirements - and this applies to both Legal & Ethical Guidelines and Adverse Event Reporting.