Guidelines Alerts (incl. latest GDPR news)
The BHBIA provides a ‘Guidelines Alert’ service to inform business intelligence professionals about changes in the legal and ethical environment that may impact on your work.
Alerts are published on the BHBIA website on an ad hoc basis, and BHBIA members are notified by email when a new alert is available.
Alerts are provided when there is a significant development in legal/ethical guidance that cannot wait until the next update of the BHBIA Guidelines. We also include resources and publications from events led by the Ethics & Compliance Committee.
Click on the links below to see the latest alerts/resources:
- March 2017 - Potential inclusion of consumer contact data within AE report forms from market research
- February 2017 - No change on the timeline for forwarding adverse events from market research
- November 2016 - New GDPR 'Quick Guide' now available
- October 2016 - Challenges and Changes in Adverse Event Reporting - Slides, Q&A and recording of the webinar held on 7th October are now available
- October 2016 - Transfers of Personal Data to the USA - Update 4 - Uptake of the Privacy Shield in the USA
- September 2016 - Slides, Q&A and other resources from the 'New Data Protection Rules - Get up to Speed' GDPR seminar held on 8th Sept are now available
- September 2016 - New 2016 BHBIA Legal and Ethical Guidelines for Healthcare Market Research have now been published. The Guidelines include a generic ‘recruitment script’, to encourage a simple, concise and consistent approach to recruitment. In addition, competency certification renewals for 2016-17 are now open - click the Online Training/Tests tab in the main menu to go to our new training microsite and take the Legal & Ethical Guidelines and Adverse Event Reporting programmes.
- August 2016 - Transfers of Personal Data to the USA – Update 3 - EU-US Privacy Shield Agreement – Replacement for the Safe Harbor Framework
- July 2016 - 4 new additions to the BHBIA Guidelines for the Use of Secondary Data series
- July 2016 - Brexit Referendum - Impact on Preparation for GDPR - this now includes updates from both the ICO and the MRS (updated 19 July)
- May 2016 - The Changing Face of Compliance – Preparing healthcare researchers for EU Data Protection Reforms
- April 2016 - PMCPA Guidance on Advisory Boards
- April 2016 - new 'Consent Guidelines' added to the market research Quick Guides series
- April 2016 - 5 new additions to the BHBIA Guidelines for the Use of Secondary Data series
- February 2016 - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Update
- February 2016 - Transfers of Personal Data to the USA – The Impact of the Safe Harbor Decision - 2nd Update
- November 2015 - Market Research Incentive Rates and Caps
- November 2015 - Impact of Disclosure Requirements
- October 2015 - Transfers of Personal Data to the USA – The Impact of the Safe Harbor Decision
- March 2015 - Latest update on the implementation of the ABPI disclosure requirements
- September 2013 - Guidance on viewing of non-anonymised fieldwork via video relay and the requirement to name the client company
- May 2012