All BHBIA events, training courses and webinars are formally recognised by the MRS CPD Programme
The BHBIA are officially accredited as part of the MRS Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme.
The MRS CPD programme offers MRS members a framework to take control of their professional development planning; enabling them to plan their future career needs, to maximise the benefit of their MRS membership with the opportunity to gain recognition for their career progression by upgrading MRS Certified Member Status.
The CPD programme enables individuals to show others they are professional, highly skilled and compliant in the world of research, insight, analytics and marketing sciences.
All BHBIA major events, training courses and webinars are formally recognised by the MRS CPD Programme.
This means that they can be used as a pathway to log CPD hours and upgrade your MRS membership status.
See 'downloads' for a list of BHBIA 2019 events (they are listed in chronological order), showing, for each event:
- CPD hours (which are also indicated in an orange circle on the web page for each event)
- Membership Benchmark Standards
- MRS Professional Development Framework competencies.
Note: Please make sure that you keep a record of your attendance at BHBIA events - e.g. certificates from training courses and post-webinar confirmation emails from WebEx. The onus is on individual members to log the evidence of their CPD hours; this information will not be collated by the BHBIA.
More about MRS CPD:
- launched in April 2014, in line with the new MRS Membership Grading Structure enabling members more access routes to up-grade to MRS Certified Member Status and gain recognition for their professional development and experience
- is non-compulsory
- requires participating members to complete a minimum of 21 hours CPD per 12 month period for it to be recognised towards upgrading membership
- involves a process of identifying needs, carrying out activities, recording time spent and reflecting on the outcomes
- can include both ‘formal’ and ‘informal’ activities
- recognises non-MRS provision
- is administered via an online planning and recording
To support CPD, MRS has developed a competency based Professional Development Framework together with a set of membership standards, which set out the knowledge, skills and attitudes required from research, insight, analytics and marketing science practitioners as they develop within their careers.
Separately MRS has 12 Benchmark Standards which set out the practitioner requirements to become an MRS Certified Membe