Careers in Business Intelligence
Welcome to the Careers section of the BHBIA Website. Whether you are a new graduate considering a career in Business Intelligence, or someone looking for a change of direction there is plenty of information within this site to help you make your decision and take the next steps towards an exciting, dynamic and rewarding career.
Business Intelligence covers a diverse range of career options, all of which are based around the core principle of seeking out and using information in an intelligent way in order to maximise the potential for brands, products or services.
NEW - 'Healthcare Market Research - Inspiring and enlightening!' - BHBIA member Steve Lowery of Red Leaf Research talks about his career - View this feature on the MRS website
Click on the links below to see more information. If, having browsed the information on our site, you have further questions, or would like to ask specific advice to help point you in the right direction, please email us at email@example.com.
- Talent Attraction Brochure - Our brochure specifically designed for graduates, giving you an overview of the answers to key questions: Why market research and business intelligence? Why the pharmaceutical industry? What to do next?
- What is Business Intelligence? - More detail about what business intelligence involves, the skills you need, and the types of opportunities available in pharmaceutical companies and agencies
- Healthcare Market Research - some myths exploded - What healthcare market research is and isn't
- Job Profiles - A range of business intelligence professionals explain what it is like to work in different types of organisations, and what is involved in their jobs on a day to day basis
- Check out our Members Directory for a list of Pharmaceutical Companies and Agencies/Consultancies, many of whom recruit graduates, with links to their websites
- Twitter - Follow us on Twitter - the latest news from the BHBIA
- Useful Links - A directory with links to other organisations that you may find useful - including other professional industry bodies and the pharmaceutical press
- Job Advertisements - Specific job vacancies currently being advertised on our site
- Make an Impact - find out about the BOBI Best Newcomer Awards - a chance for those new to business intelligence to gain recognition - next time it could be you!
- Further information about careers in market research (link to Market Research Society careers section - this covers all market research sectors - consumer etc. as well as healthcare)
The BHBIA is the professional organisation for people working in healthcare business intelligence. Our members include over 40 pharmaceutical/healthcare companies (including all the major UK pharmaceutical corporations) and over 100 agencies and consultancies who supply business intelligence services to the pharmaceutical industry.