November 12th, 2021
We are delighted to announce that the BOBI Challenge will return in 2022.
The Challenge is being sponsored by Ipsos MORI, who will also be hosting the event at their lovely headquarters in St Katharine Docks, London on Wednesday 6th April 2022.
This Year’s Theme is Competing in the New Normal.
As we move towards a post pandemic world, the world has changed irreversibly, and we have had to fundamentally re-think how we do business. This year’s challenge explores the new normal from both a client and agency perspective, seeking to evolve better ways of understanding, communicating and interacting with our customers.
The competition will explore contemporary challenges including:
- The promotional mix rule book has been thrown into the air. How do I measure success with so many new channels? How do I know my message is getting through?
- Launching into a niche area? What does my footprint look like and how do I manage non face to face and non-promotional engagement?
- Go big or go small? Do I use big data or small qual to optimise promotional impact?
- The new KOLs on the block. In the digital world, (how) can I get more control of my digital footprint?
- As an Agency how can I differentiate my offering in the new paradigm?
What is the BOBI Challenge all about?
The BOBI Challenge is a team competition designed to explore contemporary & emergent topics in a challenging but safe environment. Teams work together to solve a series of challenges, demonstrating teamworking as well as business intelligence skills. To succeed you will need to utilise the strengths and expertise of a team picked from across the business intelligence community. So diversity is key asset.
- You can enter as an individual or with colleagues. Teams will be put together by the organisers on the day to ensure a range of expertise across the BI community, so it provides a great opportunity to learn from colleagues from different companies and disciplines. If you enter with a colleague, then we will endeavour to put you in the same team.
- It will be an intense and challenging experience but you'll also meet others, learn new things and have fun!
- The Challenge is not suitable for total newcomers, but otherwise all experience levels are welcome.
Why should I enter – what’s in it for me?
The BOBI Challenge is about getting out of your comfort zone. It provides a great opportunity for you to expand your horizons and hone skills you might need in your current or next role. You will be working closely with people from across the BI community so it’s a great opportunity to network, place yourself in someone shoes and improve your understanding of how the industry functions. If you win then put it on the CV!
Some comments from past BOBI Challenge participants:
"It was good to work with a range of different people from across the industry and draw upon each of our expertise and experiences. I felt like our team really utilised the expertise of each individual which was great to see and it felt as though everyone played a vital role. It was a real team effort and always good to put yourself to the test!"
"I really enjoyed the topic, very current. It was really interesting to gain other researchers’ opinions and thoughts"
"I left feeling energized and with a clear idea of skills/knowledge I'd like to develop to be able to service my clients better. It was incredibly useful to get to see how others (on client side as well as executives in functions quite removed from mine) think and work. I enjoyed the spirit of teamwork and the buzzing atmosphere the most."
"A very productive day with many learnings. Connections were made along with building potential future industry relations going forward"
Timeline for the 2022 BOBI Challenge:
- 3rd December 2021: Entries open - complete a simple form to register that you'd like to take part (If you want us to try and place you in the same team with up to two other people, please complete ONE entry form listing you all)
- 14th February 2022: Entries close
- 6th April 2022: Competition takes place at Ipsos MORI, 3 Thomas More Square London E1W 1YW
- 16th May 2022: Awards Ceremony - part of the BHBIA Annual Conference at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London
Look out for an email from the BHBIA when entries open - or head to the BOBI Awards section of the website on 3rd December. Places are limited, and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis – so don’t wait till the deadline!