October 26th, 2021
The BOBI Best Newcomer competition returns as a face-to-face event in Moorgate, London on 6th May 2022.
The BHBIA welcomes anybody with less than 3 years' experience in business intelligence to part in the event.
The day takes the form of a series of individual challenges, designed around a fictitious product launch.
You don't need to have any particular specific job experience; it's more about demonstrating broad skills and competencies, combined with an overall understanding of the healthcare environment. The event is designed to encourage you to excel and will bring out the best in all participants.
It’s also a great opportunity to network and meet lots of different people from across the industry. At the end of the event there is time to unwind and discuss the day in the bar located within the venue.
Best Newcomer is free to enter and it's a great opportunity to learn and to meet other people like you. The chance to win a trophy and cash prize is an added bonus!
Here's what some of our recent competitors have said:
- "The BOBI newcomer was a great event to be a part of. I would highly recommend the event to any newcomers to the industry. There were a series of tasks throughout the day that were challenging, but enjoyable and allowed different skills to be applied. There was also lots of opportunity to network with peers within the industry"
- "It was a really challenging day, very intense from start to finish, however it was also really interesting. It's nice to speak to other young members of the industry and build my network"
- "A very well-organised, challenging and fun day - it was great to see that everyone in the organising committee and the judges were excited to be there and were truly engaged in the activities!"
- "I would just say that it was a worthwhile experience, I learnt a lot and got to meet some very nice people"
Here's the 2021 winner, Francesca Cooper of HRW reacting to her win.
The 2021 Awards Ceremony was run remotely, but in 2022 we'll be live at the BHBIA Annual Conference, with the winner receiving their trophy on stage. Special ticket privileges are offered to Best Newcomer entrants.
Timeline for the 2022 Best Newcomer Competition:
- 3rd December 2021: Entries open - complete a simple form to register that you'd like to take part
- 14th February 2022: Entries close - but don't wait till then to enter, as places are limited and you may miss out
- 6th May 2022: Competition Day - at MSD in Moorgate, London
- 16th May 2022: Awards Ceremony - part of the BHBIA Annual Conference at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London
Look out for an email from the BHBIA when entries open - or head to the BOBI Awards section of the website on 3rd December.
Meanwhile you can download our posters below, to read about the 2021 competition, including details of all the finalists and the winner and runners-up.