June 30th, 2021
Opportunity to get involved
The BHBIA is launching a new Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
The key questions we want to address are:
- How can the BHBIA ensure that we are embracing D,E & I in all our activities and how can we encourage greater diversity on the Board and the various committees?
- How can we support member companies with their own D,E & I initiatives? – for example by sharing information, best practice etc.
- Could the BHBIA set up or support any industry-wide initiatives to help embed these principles within healthcare business intelligence? – for example to encourage diversity of talent coming into the BI/MR talent pool.
When we are talking about diversity we are considering a very broad definition, which includes:
- Sexual orientation
We’re looking to recruit a small group of members who can work together to agree what actions the BHBIA should be taking, and to drive these forward.
The type of person we are looking for will have:
- Experience relevant to the issues of diversity, equity and inclusion – whether that is personal experience – positive or negative, and/or experience though being involved in D, E & I initiatives within your job role or in your activities outside of work;
- Willingness to be proactive, get fully involved, attend meetings and to contribute some of your time outside of meetings to take on specific actions.
It's NOT important to have a particular level of experience/seniority in BI – we would be keen to hear from people new into the industry as well as those who have been around for longer.
We’d also be interested in hearing from anyone not in a BI role who may have relevant experience (e.g. HR) so please feel free to share this link if you have a colleague who may be interested but possibly not on the BHBIA mailing list.
We expect to hold an initial meeting via Zoom, later in the summer, and thereafter to meet perhaps 3 or 4 times a year, with some of those meetings potentially being face-to-face, but this will depend on how the plans evolve.
To ensure that the group is of a manageable size, involvement will be limited to one person per company, so please discuss it with your colleagues as appropriate and agree who will come forward. If we do receive more than one response from the same company we’ll let the relevant people know so that you can decide who will take the place. It is open to full BHBIA member companies / Personal Members only.
Deadline: 9th July 2021.
We will ask you to provide some brief information about yourself and how you could contribute to the group (via Smart Survey). We'll be in touch after the deadline to let you know the next steps.
The BHBIA Board
(Image by Gordon Johnson, Pixabay)