June 28th, 2021
A crucial part of the BHBIA Board’s structure is the equal balance of five pharma plus five agency people, to ensure that we always have the interests of all our members at heart, and we currently have two vacancies for pharma/healthcare company members (BHBIA Industry Division) please consider whether you could join us and help to drive our strategic and tactical plans forward.
We won’t pretend it isn’t hard work – Board members are expected to attend a majority of the monthly Board meetings (going forward some of these will be full days, face to face, but others are shorter and via Zoom) and to take on specific responsibilities outside of the meetings – for example finding speakers for an event / chairing an event on the day or running a member forum. It’s hands-on, not just a ‘steering’ role – the Board are all volunteers and work together to make things happen, with the support of our admin team.
So it is a significant commitment and you will need your company’s backing, but in return there are great benefits for you and your company:
- Be part of a great team – share experiences with like-minded fellow Board members and gain an insight into how other organisations operate;
- Make a real difference to what the BHBIA provides for its members, and be among the first to know about new developments;
- Benefit from free attendance at major member events such as the Annual Conference;
- Have the satisfaction of knowing that you are contributing to our industry’s future, beyond what you can achieve in your own company.
We are particularly interested in hearing from anyone who could contribute knowledge/skills and/or energy and ideas in one or more of the following areas; these are key elements that we want to develop:
- New Thinking – we are keen to bring in more expertise from outside the traditional remit of business intelligence, and from other industries – this ‘bringing the outside in’ is vital to ensure that we move forward and stay one step ahead. We need someone who can help us identify and bring in these new speakers and thought leaders;
- Data and analytics – application of data science to business problems, integration of emerging data sources, creation and management of internal datasets, technical and analytical know-how to enable tailored customer journeys, omnichannel analytics and development of digital content. Experience of change management to bring about the development of the related technology and capabilities;
- Training and development – one of our aims is to better understand the competencies that our members need to excel in their roles, and to develop our programmes to include high quality training that meets those development needs.
You don’t need to have a particular level of seniority – we welcome interest from people at any stage of their careers, as long as you have enough experience and confidence to play a pro-active role on the team.
Please simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest, and we will be in contact to discuss it further. You are not committed to anything at this stage, so please don’t hesitate to come forward if you think you may be interested but need to know more.
Due to where we stand in the BHBIA business year, no election/voting process will be required – new members will be able to join the Board straight away, subject to mutual agreement.
(Obviously if we have more than two applicants we will need to make a decision about who would be most suitable for the role, but we will be transparent in our discussions with you, should this arise).
The BHBIA Board look forward to hearing from you!