Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, London WC1H 9BD
Thursday 05 March 2020, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Coffee and Registration at 9.00am for a 9.30am start
Designing market research to overcome complex strategic situations is often challenging. Defining the specific and fundamental questions pharmaceutical companies need to answer and understanding how research results may be used in their decision making are critical parts of the process.
This workshop is designed for pharma and agency market researchers who want to increase their understanding of strategic challenges and questions, so they can commission and/or deliver more effective and appropriate research designs and results.
Through an interactive, case-study based approach, delegates will gain an understanding of how market research and strategy should integrate to overcome market challenges and support strategic direction, the types of strategic questions that could be addressed and how to generate insights to fully address these needs.
The day will consist of three main sections:
Let's Talk Strategy - How do strategy and market insight align?
- Understand where and how your skills interact with strategic processes and challenges, AND the types of strategic questions that could be addressed using market research.
- The conveners will discuss their experience with actual case studies to highlight questions and provide deeper insights into the strategic challenges
A Deeper Dive - Where is robust market research essential for strategic decision making?
- Gain a deep understanding of the types of questions required to address specific strategic situations, the nature of the information that must be generated and how the information is utilised by clients, which will define how it should be presented
Case Study Development - How can we incorporate strategic considerations into real-world setting?
- Practise thinking about research from a strategic perspective so that your RfPs / proposals specifically address the challenges faced
See Downloads - right hand side of this page - for the full provisional programme
The workshop will be run for us by Osprey Health Consulting, a global strategic marketing consultancy specialising in pharmaceuticals and healthcare. We are very grateful to them for sharing their time and expertise for the benefit of BHBIA members.
“ I cannot propose a solution until I know what the real question is”
Pharma experience at BMS UK, GSK UK and J and J UK and J and J global marketing
Company head in Medical Comms, CME and speakers bureau (260 people)
5 years in the USA
Self employed consultant for 6 years:
- Designing and facilitating internal and external advisory boards
- Advising professional service firms on organisational structure to drive growth and market focus
Managing Consultant at Cello Health Consulting
Non-Executive Director of a professional services firm
- Experience in immunology with Humira in RA, GI, and with products in MS
- Work in rare diseases such as short bowel syndrome, SMA, chronic kidney disease
- Specialist in future market scenarios, competitive strategy, positioning
- Excellent workshop designer/facilitator
After working in market research and competitor insight, Alice turned to consulting to bring strategy and insight together.
Since becoming a consultant Alice has worked with companies to tackle a broad range of strategic decisions faced at a global and local level, including and not limited to:
- Developing global and local payer archetypes to define market access and pricing strategies
- Defining above and at brand positions to accurately portray value to key customer groups
- Conducting competitor simulations to validate and refine strategies in increasingly competitive markets
- Utilising branding planning processes to ensure insight and strategy are incorporated to ensure continued (or return to) success for global leading brands
- Integrating scenario planning into strategy to combat the uncertainty of future market developments
'Early bird' delegate fees for bookings made on or before 30th January 2020:
- Members: £404 + VAT
- Non-Members: £494 + VAT
(These prices include a 10% early booking discount).
Cancellation Policy for early bird bookings: full fee payable / no refunds given; however a substitute delegate can be accepted. (Our standard cancellation policy does not apply).
Delegate Fees for bookings made after 30th January 2020:
- Members: £449 + VAT
- Non-Members: £549 + VAT
Cancellation Policy: standard cancellation policy applies, as stated on booking form