Thursday 14 October 2021, 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
A practical, exercise-based workshop helping you understand how the BHBIA Guidelines apply to your current projects and those you may need to run in the future
We have converted this highly successful event into a virtual format and condensed the course to a half-day. It will be a fully interactive training session with plenty of opportunity for engagement with the presenters and your fellow delegates.
In 2020 our trainers won The Julie Stacey Award based on delegate feedback from this workshop - see details here. We're delighted to be able to build on this winning formula for 2021 and to have secured the same team to run this year's event.
Please join the Zoom meeting by 9.15am ready for a prompt start at 9.30am.
Who is this workshop for?
Anyone who wants to become more knowledgeable and confident about approaching compliance issues throughout the market research process
- Suitable for all healthcare market researchers, whether you work in a market research agency, pharma company or fieldwork organisation, and whether or not you have any specific compliance responsibilities;
- Previous attendees have also included people working in a pharma compliance or medical departments who are keen to deep dive specific legal and ethical issues that may arise in market research.
The workshop will give you a chance to:
- Go beyond the online training by looking at more complex scenarios and grey areas;
- Focus on pragmatic application of the BHBIA Legal and Ethical Guidelines and ABPI/BHBIA Guidelines for Adverse Event Reporting;
- Take a break from your day job to engage with compliance, become more familiar with resources available to you and become more confident in what they mean for your organisation;
- Learn from our conveners and other delegates in candid discussions around issues they have faced in a range of different roles, either commissioning, designing or fielding market research;
- Get to grips with the impact of data protection legislation on the guidelines.
09.15 - Join meeting
09:30 - Start
Introductions & delegate presentations/personal goals
- Guidelines: Purpose, Scope and Key Principles
- Exercise: RfP - the legal and ethical considerations raised by a complex research brief
- Reporting adverse events, product complaints and special reporting situations
- Exercise: Research Materials - critique and correct
- Project Closure
- 'Clinic' session
13.00 Wrap up and close
We are very grateful to the organisations and individuals that give their time and expertise on a voluntary basis to run training courses on behalf of the BHBIA - in this case highly experienced members of the BHBIA Ethics & Compliance Committee working in pharma, MR agency and fieldwork roles: Alison Carr - Hamell, Rebecca D'Ippolito - Sermo and Claudia Wing - Janssen.
'Early bird' delegate fees for bookings made on or before the 19th August 2021
- Members: £189 + VAT
- Non-Members: £234 + VAT
(These prices include a 10% early booking discount).
Cancellation Policy for early bird bookings: full fee payable / no refunds given; however a substitute delegate can be accepted. (Our standard cancellation policy does not apply).
Delegate Fees for bookings made after the 19th August 2021:
- Members: £210 + VAT
- Non-Members: £260 + VAT
Cancellation Policy: standard cancellation policy applies, as stated on booking form
Online Booking - Click on the register for event button below. Please note you must be logged in if you are a member or join as a registered user to book online. VAT will be added when you click Register for Event