Virtual Event - via Zoom
Thursday 21 October 2021, 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
This workshop will explore the key aspects of creating a robust forecast, and advice on how to manage the process of communicating the forecast to senior colleagues and dealing with their requests for changes.
This virtual event will be a fully interactive training session with plenty of opportunity for engagement with the presenters and your fellow delegates. Breaks will be built into the sessions to keep you refreshed.
Please join the Zoom meeting by 9.15am ready for a prompt start at 9.30am.
Effective forecasting can be as much about communication of the forecast as it is about the methodologies used. For all of the detail that can go into creating an accurate forecast, requests for changes and the search for upside can often lead to final forecasts that are unsatisfactory.
This session will cover some of the key aspects of creating a robust forecast, but will also cover advice on how to manage the process of communicating the forecast to senior colleagues and dealing with their requests for changes.
It will be useful for anyone who has a stake in
putting together revenue forecasts at any level in a pharma company.
Outline programme (provisional)
Session 1 – Forecasting today
- Brief overview of what forecasting in a pharma company involves today, and how things have changed over the past 10 – 20 years
- Understanding the current forecasting challenges faced by different people of different roles in pharma companies
- High level overview of different forecasting methodologies and their suitability for different purposes
Session 2 – Key negotiation principles
- Understanding some of the key principles of negotiating successfully
Session 3 – Negotiating your forecast
- Interactive session to consider how we can apply the principles of negotiation to typical forecasting processes that exist within pharma companies
- Martin is Head of Commercial Effectiveness at IQVIA UK, based in London, UK
- He leads the delivery of projects areas such as forecasting, sales force sizing, segmentation and targeting
- Martin brings 10 years of experience of working within pharma and healthcare sectors, and has experience managing outsourced analytics teams
- Martin has particular geographical experience in the UK
- 1st Class Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Cambridge
Areas of expertise:
- Forecasting and Opportunity Assessment
- Segmentation and Targeting
- Sales Force Sizing
- New Launch Planning
- Commercial Organisation Design
We are very grateful to all those who give their time and expertise for the benefit of BHBIA members.
'Early bird' delegate fees for bookings made on or before the 16th September 2021
- Members: £189 + VAT
- Non-Members: £234 + VAT
(These prices include a 10% early booking discount).
Cancellation Policy for early bird bookings: full fee payable / no refunds given; however a substitute delegate can be accepted. (Our standard cancellation policy does not apply).
Delegate Fees for bookings made after the 16th September 2021:
- Members: £210 + VAT
- Non-Members: £260 + VAT
Cancellation Policy: standard cancellation policy applies, as stated on booking form