Virtual Event - more details will be available soon
Tuesday 22 September 2020, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Coffee and Registration at 9.00am for a 9.30am start
This seminar will put the spotlight on what good compliance looks like so that you can make sure that your company meets the highest professional standards. It is aimed specifically at those with a responsibility for compliance within their organisations.
Guest speakers and compliance experts will cover data protection and privacy guidance, new codes and other considerations.
We will look specifically at the role and work of data privacy specialists on the pharma company and agency sides and we will provide a PMCPA and a pharma company perspective on key ABPI Code and market research issues.
The session is suitable for those who already have a good knowledge of the BHBIA Legal and Ethical Guidelines and the ABPI/BHBIA Guidance for Adverse Event Reporting. It will be facilitated by members of the BHBIA Ethics & Compliance Committee.
Updated Guidelines/Codes of Practice – Catherine Ayland, BHBIA Ethics Advisor and Debrah Harding, Managing Director, Market Research Society (MRS) and Vice President, EFAMRO
- Latest BHBIA, EphMRA and MRS Codes
Update on data protection and privacy guidance including international developments – Debrah Harding and Catherine Ayland
- GDPR and ICO guidance including the research exemption and naming the end client
- GDPR MR Code of Conduct – what is it and what will it offer
- California Consumer Protection Act (and implications for UK based organisations)
A day in the life of a data privacy specialist
- Data Privacy Compliance Manager – Pharmaceutical Company – Emma Elder, Data Privacy Compliance Manager UK & Ireland, AbbVie
- Data Protection Officer – Fieldwork Agency – Emily Joyce, Data Protection Officer, M3 Global Research
ABPI Code of Practice requirements and how they impact MR
- A PMCPA perspective – Heather Simmonds, Director, Prescription Medicines Code of Practice Authority
- A client company perspective on key issues – Catherine King, Senior Scientific Advisor, LEO Pharma UK
After each session there be an opportunity for Q&A and a discussion of the practical implications. We also plan to hold a ‘clinic’ session to allow participants to raise their own issues and questions for discussion with the panel.
The day will conclude with an interactive ‘Future Gazing’ exercise during which we’ll ask delegates for their suggestions and priorities for any new resources the Ethics & Compliance Committee should consider preparing to meet future compliance needs.
Ethics & Compliance Committee Deputy Chair Yuliya Fontanetti, Senior Director, Operations and Compliance, Healthcare Research Worldwide (HRW) will be co-chairing the day with Catherine Ayland.
'Early bird' delegate fees for bookings made on or before 28th July 2020:
- Members: £404 + VAT
- Non-Members: £494 + VAT
(These prices include a 10% early booking discount).
Cancellation Policy for early bird bookings: full fee payable / no refunds given; however a substitute delegate can be accepted. (Our standard cancellation policy does not apply).
Delegate Fees for bookings made after 28th July 2020:
- Members: £449 + VAT
- Non-Members: £549 + VAT
Cancellation Policy: standard cancellation policy applies, as stated on booking form