Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, London WC1H 9BD
Thursday 30 January 2020, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Coffee and Registration at 9.00am for a 9.30am start
This workshop is now fully booked - however, if you are interested in attending, please register for the event, selecting the 'I would like a quote' payment option, and you will be put on the waiting list. We'll be in contact if a place should become available. Wait-listed bookings will not be bound by our booking conditions until we have confirmed that a place is available and you have accepted it
This highly practical one-day workshop will ‘unpick the magic’ behind excellent conference presenting and will comprise a mix of interactive and experiential sessions covering the physiological, psychological and practical aspects of presenting.
A number of key topics will be covered and ‘clinic’ sessions will be run throughout the day, providing an opportunity for delegates to practise and receive actionable feedback on their conference presentation skills and style.
The day is particularly tailored to those who will be presenting at the 2020 BHBIA Annual Conference, but is suitable for anyone who would like to hone their skills in presenting to larger audiences.
The workshop will be designed and delivered by two highly experienced trainers and presenters, each bringing unique individual skills and background. Having two facilitators means richer feedback for delegates, and will keep the feedback ‘fresh’ as the speakers alternate to lead the sessions. They will also be able to provide tips for those who will be co-presenting at Conference, and provide an ongoing live demonstration of a co-presenting format.
‘Clinic’ sessions will be interspersed throughout the day within the following topic sessions, designed to give delegates the ‘magic’ behind delivering truly excellent conference papers:
- How to hit the ground running with a strong and clear delivery
- The magical use of hooks, open loops, language and storytelling to engage your audience
- Using the triangle technique to keep your audience engaged
- Managing your own internal state to improve your delivery and maintain audience engagement
- Displaying visual information in a conference setting to help you present clearly and keep your audience on board
- Techniques to effectively manage dual presentations.
Participants will be asked to prepare a short PowerPoint presentation (ideally based on the Conference paper to be presented – if applicable) in advance and will be given opportunities to present this during the workshop.
Using a specific and non-threatening feedback model, delegates will firstly be encouraged to self-critique their ‘performance’ before receiving constructive feedback from fellow delegates and trainers, specifically targeted at improving their own unique presentation style and delivery.
- Certified trainer and facilitator, who has been delivering training courses to the pharmaceutical industry since 2000
- Experienced medical and pharmaceutical market researcher (23 years’ research experience with 19 years in pharmaceuticals)
- Experienced conference presenter (e.g. British Association of Plastic Surgeons, Royal College of Nursing)
- Certified trainer and facilitator, trainer for Penn University’s ‘resilience programme’
- University lecturer & presenter at conferences (e.g. International Psychology Conference, Positive Psychology Symposiums)
- Advanced Toastmaster Speaker
- Clinical Hypnotherapist, Positive Psychology specialising in coping with stress and anxiety, performance anxiety
'Early bird' delegate fees for bookings made on or before 5th December 2019:
- Members: £404 + VAT
- Non-Members: £494 + VAT
(These prices include a 10% early booking discount).
Cancellation Policy for early bird bookings: full fee payable / no refunds given; however a substitute delegate can be accepted. (Our standard cancellation policy does not apply).
Delegate Fees for bookings made after 5th December 2019:
- Members: £449 + VAT
- Non-Members: £549 + VAT
Cancellation Policy: standard cancellation policy applies, as stated on booking form