Virtual Event - via Zoom
Thursday 16 September 2021, 16th September (PM) & 17th September (AM)
This one-day workshop (run over two half-days) is aimed at those who are new to the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, and working in business intelligence roles (including market research, analytics and related fields) in both pharmaceutical companies and agencies. It’s suitable for permanent new starters, as well as placement students and short-term interns.
Help your students and trainees to hit the ground running with this overview of the pharmaceutical industry and where business intelligence fits in, run by experienced business intelligence professionals including members of the BHBIA Board and Ethics & Compliance Committee.
The workshop will engage delegates in an introduction to the NHS, how medicines are brought to market, a top-line understanding of primary and secondary market research and the power of business intelligence in fuelling brand success throughout the product lifecycle. It will provide a balance of practical information to orientate your trainees and the opportunity to ask questions about careers and next steps.
Employees who are experienced in business intelligence but new to pharma – e.g. market researchers moving from consumer to healthcare – will also benefit. However, the course is not recommended for people who are experienced in the industry e.g. sales representatives moving into Head Office.
Comments from previous delegates include:
- "Very passionate about their subjects, very knowledgeable, great variety of topics"
- "Good introduction to pharma and helps put things into perspective"
- "All excellent presenters, personable, open & honest"
- "Friendly approach. Welcoming environment so I felt free to ask questions"
Overview of topics (session details may change; speakers and timings will be confirmed)
- From Molecule to Market
- Introduction to the NHS – structures, processes, key terminology
- What is Market Research? (Part 1) – The importance of business intelligence - an overview of secondary data & analysis
- What is Market Research? (Part 2) – An Overview of primary market research
- Guidelines and Legislation - implications for business intelligence
- Careers in Business Intelligence - Discussion session with all the speakers and conveners
- The BHBIA and how it can benefit you
There will also be an informal networking session at the end of the day 1 afternoon session - a chance to meet and chat with your fellow delegates and the course conveners.
'Early bird' delegate fees for bookings made on or before the 22nd July 2021:
- Members: £247 + VAT
- Non-Members: £337 + VAT
(These prices include a 10% early booking discount).
Cancellation Policy for early bird bookings: full fee payable / no refunds given; however a substitute delegate can be accepted. (Our standard cancellation policy does not apply).
Delegate Fees for bookings made after the 22nd July 2021:
- Members: £275 + VAT
- Non-Members: £375 + VAT
Cancellation Policy: standard cancellation policy applies, as stated on booking form
Online Booking - Click on the register for event button below. Please note you must be logged in if you are a member or join as a registered user to book online. VAT will be added when you click Register for Event