Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, London WC1H 9BD
Thursday 15 September 2022, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
An Introduction to the Pharmaceutical Industry and Business Intelligence Practice
This one-day workshop is aimed at those who are new to the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, and working in business intelligence roles (including market research, analytics and related fields) in both pharmaceutical companies and agencies. It’s suitable for permanent new starters, as well as placement students and short-term interns.
Help your students and trainees to hit the ground running with this overview of the pharmaceutical industry and where business intelligence fits in, run by experienced business intelligence professionals including members of the BHBIA Board and Ethics & Compliance Committee.
The workshop will engage delegates in an introduction to the NHS, how medicines are brought to market, a top-line understanding of primary and secondary market research and the power of business intelligence in fuelling brand success throughout the product lifecycle. It will provide a balance of practical information to orientate your trainees and the opportunity to ask questions about careers and next steps.
Employees who are experienced in business intelligence but new to pharma – e.g. market researchers moving from consumer to healthcare – will also benefit. However, the course is not recommended for people who are experienced in the industry e.g. sales representatives moving into Head Office.
Comments from previous delegates include:
- "It was a great introduction to the Pharmaceutical Industry and gave the necessary details I needed for my new job
- "Very passionate about their subjects, very knowledgeable, great variety of topics"
- "As a newcomer to the industry I'd hoped it would give me some key background and overview to what to expect at both a high-level within the industry and also on a day-to-day basis and it certainly did that!"
- "Friendly approach. Welcoming environment so I felt free to ask questions"
- 9.30am: Welcome & Introductions
- 9.40am: Outline of the NHS - Structures, Processes and Key Terminology
- 10.25am: Refreshment break
- 10.45am: From Molecule to market
- 12.30pm: Lunch
- 13.30pm: What is MR? - Secondary Data and Analysis
- 14.15pm: What is MR? - Primary Market Research
- 15.00pm: Refreshment break
- 15.30pm: Guidelines & Legislation
- 16.15pm: About the BHBIA and how it can benefit you
- 16.45pm Careers in Business Intelligence
- 17.15pm: Summary & Close
- 17.30pm: Networking Drinks
Also, at the end of the workshop we'll be heading to a local bar for a short informal networking drinks session, included in the course fees below. Attendance is optional, but this will be a great chance to chat with your fellow delegates and the course conveners.
The course will be chaired by Kruti Popat, Galapagos Biotech UK Ltd, alongside fellow BHBIA Board Member Kate Stevens, KES Consultancy. The full line up of speakers will be available closer to the event.
Meanwhile, you can read a review of last year's course here (however, please note that last year's event was virtual, so had to be structured slightly differently).
'Early bird' delegate fees for bookings made on or before the 21st July 2022:
- Members: £247 + VAT
- Non-Members: £337 + VAT
(These prices include a 10% early booking discount).
Cancellation Policy for early bird bookings: full fee payable / no refunds given; however a substitute delegate can be accepted. (Our standard cancellation policy does not apply).
Delegate Fees for bookings made after the 21st July 2022:
- Members: £275 + VAT
- Non-Members: £375 + VAT
Cancellation Policy: standard cancellation policy applies, as stated on booking form
Online Booking - Click on the register for event button below. Please note you must be logged in if you are a member or join as a registered user to book online. VAT will be added when you click Register for Event