BMA House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9JP
Thursday 07 June 2018, 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM
GDPR is here!
But what happens after the big push to prepare for 25th May?
- Interpretation of GDPR requirements won’t stop
- There are ‘unknowns’ that we still need to manage
- There will be lessons to learnt
- We’ll need to keep updating our policies and procedures
See also our latest news update An update on naming end clients as data controllers which covers some of the issues discussed at the meeting.
This seminar covered:
- The latest news - what we still don’t know & how to manage the gap
- Lessons to be learnt:
- DPIAs and updating risk assessments
- Different legal bases
- Common data sets and compliance actions
- Privacy statements
- Study and questionnaire design
- After the big push - keeping things up to date:
- Record keeping
- Data security & internal security audits
- Communication to internal stakeholders
- Mistakes and misconceptions
This seminar was for all those in Business Intelligence – Market Research andData Analytics. This seminar was for all those commissioning or carrying out market research or data analysis that involves the processing of personal data. Delegates heard a range of perspectives from our Ethics & Compliance Committee and external speakers and there was an opportunity to share experiences and ask questions, as well as learn from the experts.
The event is priced at just £150 + VAT, to cover our costs, and includes lunch and networking after the meeting.
See speaker details
For more information on GDPR as we approach the implementation deadline, please see:
- GDPR Updates – a series of short guides to help you prepare
- GDPR FAQ – members’ queries and responses from our Ethics Advisor