Essentials of Quantitative Market Research in Healthcare
PRICE SHOWN INCLUDES VAT
An introduction to quantitative market research (MR), covering the essentials of when/where quantitative methodologies are used and an overview of the various techniques available, with a particular focus on issues pertinent to conducting market research in the healthcare arena.
It is likely to be particularly suitable for:
- - Client-side market researchers/business intelligence executives who commission MR;
- - Researchers whose experience to date has been limited to qualitative MR, or to one part of the MR process or a particular set of techniques, who would like to understand the broader picture;
- - Those completely new to MR;
- - Experienced researchers coming from other industries, who would like to understand how these techniques can be applied in the healthcare setting.
Course fees (introductory pricing): Members: £75+VAT / Non-members: £125+VAT
We will cover the following topics:
- - The role of quantitative vs qualitative research
- - The benefits and limitations of commonly used quantitative research methodologies including online, telephone and more
- - Recruitment for quantitative research and sample size considerations
- - Key issues in questionnaire design
- - The analysis and reporting of quantitative data
- - Details of specific quantitative techniques used in conjoint analysis, perceptual mapping, segmentation and pricing research
The session also includes a number of case studies to illustrate different applications of quantitative healthcare market research
Please note that this training does not specifically address issues related to the coronavirus pandemic - so please bear in mind that some of the approaches mentioned may not be feasible/appropriate in the current climate - consult the BHBIA's Covid-19 Information and Resources hub for guidance.
At the end of the session, there’s a short test to consolidate what you’ll have learnt - and you will be able to download a certificate of learning. This training course is officially accredited by the MRS Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme - 2 hours CPD (see details here: MRS CPD Accreditation for BHBIA Events | BHBIA)
You have unlimited time to complete the training, so please make sure you get maximum benefit by studying the course material thoroughly and taking note of any key points. Once you have passed the test you will no longer have access.
Copyright © 2021 BHBIA. All rights reserved.
If you are already registered with the BHBIA, please login and you will be taken back to this page, if your membership type authorises you to view it.LOGIN HERE
There are many benefits to being registered with the BHBIA.
The first step is register your details as a user of our website. You will then be able to go on to select a membership option that’s right for you (e.g. join your company’s existing membership or set up a new company or individual membership.) You will then be able to access restricted course content, depending on your membership type.JOIN/REGISTER
To access the training you will need to log in as a BHBIA member, certified non-member or registered user.
If you know your user-name and password: please log in now – if you have not already done so. (If you have forgotten your details you can request a reminder via the login page).
If you don't already have a BHBIA user name and password: Please register now. Once registered as a site user you will be offered the option to join your company's existing membership, which will give you access to the online training slides AND the competency test. If in doubt select this option. Most major pharma companies and research agencies are BHBIA members – we’ll let you know if your company isn’t.
You will need to wait for us to confirm that your membership is authorised before you can purchase the course. We aim to complete authorisations within one business day.
We are expecting this online training programme to be formally recognised by the MRS CPD Programme - details will be confirmed.