From Molecule to Market: the journey of drug development
Course fees: Members: £75+VAT / Non-members: £125+VAT
Please log in and the correct (VAT inclusive) price for your membership will then be displayed above.
Drug selection and development is a long and
expensive process during which many of the potential candidates will be lost
along the way. But each drug must pass a
number of steps which are vital to ensuring it is effective and safe for purpose. This online training module, from the BHBIA, takes
the learner through the drug development stages from target identification to approval.
For the Business Insights professional there may be little exposure to what the pre-launch scientists are working on. This course is designed to give an overview of their work so that those working in BI
- - Are aware of the stages the drug they are researching has been through
- - Have knowledge of what other members of their industry may be working on
- - Understand the language and terminology of drug development process which is part of the language of their industry
This course is aimed at those new to the industry who do not have a biomedical background. Whether you work in the pharmaceutical industry or an agency, every drug for which you conduct research or which you analyse, will have been through this process. Completing this module will give you solid background knowledge of how that drug got to where it is now.
This course is particularly suitable for:
- - New starters in healthcare business intelligence, analytics or market research roles who need a top line understanding of the drug development process to help provide context to their work, especially if they aren’t already familiar with these topics from academic study or previous job roles, so that they can have informed discussions with colleagues and client
- - Those moving into healthcare from other industries, who need to get up to speed with the specifics of the pharmaceutical product development process
At the end of the training, there’s a short test to consolidate what you’ll have learnt - and you will be able to download a certificate of learning.
You have unlimited time to complete the training, so please make sure you get maximum benefit by studying the course material thoroughly and taking note of any key points. Once you have passed the test you will no longer have access.
Copyright © 2023 BHBIA. All rights reserved.
If you are already registered with the BHBIA, please login and you will be taken back to this page, if your membership type authorises you to view it.LOGIN HERE
There are many benefits to being registered with the BHBIA.
The first step is register your details as a user of our website. You will then be able to go on to select a membership option that’s right for you (e.g. join your company’s existing membership or set up a new company or individual membership.) You will then be able to access restricted course content, depending on your membership type.JOIN/REGISTER
To access the training you will need to log in as a BHBIA member, certified non-member or registered user.
If you know your user-name and password: please log in now – if you have not already done so. (If you have forgotten your details you can request a reminder via the login page).
If you don't already have a BHBIA user name and password: Please register now. Once registered as a site user you will be offered the option to join your company's existing membership, which will give you access to the online training slides AND the competency test. If in doubt select this option. Most major pharma companies and research agencies are BHBIA members – we’ll let you know if your company isn’t.
You will need to wait for us to confirm that your membership is authorised before you can purchase the course. We aim to complete authorisations within one business day.