Half day - via Zoom
Thursday 11 November 2021, 1.00-5.00pm
This workshop will provide an insight into some of the latest innovations in market research. Our guest speakers will explore the applications of several specific innovative tools/techniques. This will be an interactive afternoon, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion.
13.10 How can AI (Artificial Intelligence) improve your qualitative patient research?
Rick Harris – Founder, Customer Faithful
- AI technology is potentially a game-changer - changing how we view the roles of qual and quant data, by bringing speed, scale and lower costs to how we can listen and respond to the voice-of-the-patient, via focus groups, interviews and social media. But AI is still far from perfect, and so this session will explore what can be achieved today, blending the 'art and science’ of AI to enhance qualitative research. The session will demonstrate how traditional qual methods can be extended using AI, as well as showing some of the traps to look out for and avoid.
13.45 Human v. Machine in understanding real life digital behaviours
Ben Lorkin and Emilie Genero, Day One Strategy
- In this session you will learn about how cutting-edge technology, combined with human intelligence can be used to help easily capture the real, online digital behaviours of patients and HCPs. We will talk through a pilot study that pitted humans against machines to show the pros and cons of each in mapping the online behaviours. We hope to demonstrate how best to understand what patients and HCPs are doing online - when, where and why - they seek information.
14.20-14.35 Tea Break
14.35 Applications of personality psychology to Market Research
Chris Harvey - Founder, Activate Research
- An introduction to:
- · What is personality psychology?
- · Why personality?
- · Personality key frameworks
- We will explore research applications – to enhance Recruitment of participants, Contextualisation of findings and Insights into participant behaviour
15.10 BOBI Awards - Best Use of Innovation – Insights from BOBI award winners
Sian Thapar, Strategy Director and Lisa Harkins, Senior Healthcare Analyst, Hall & Partners will present their 2021 winning project:
- Leveraging Innovative Technology to Speed Insights to Action across a Globally Distributed Team: A client needed to test and optimise their global launch campaign fast. This innovative approach to data discovery, knowledge management and insight storytelling which brought agility, efficiency, and alignment, helping the client to make insight-led decisions confidently and at speed.
15.30-15.45 Tea break
Katy Irving, Global Head of Behavioural Science, HRW will discuss two successful entries from 2020:
- 1. A Different Angle Sheds New Light: A vaccines client struggled with a gap: people’s awareness and stated intention to vaccinate was not reflected in uptake. Overcoming client scepticism and using applied behavioural science instead of the planned approach shed new light: answering long-standing questions and providing solutions.
- 2. ‘Inside Out’: Social Media Influencers in Rare and Invisible Conditions: In rare and invisible conditions, digital patient influencers play an important role in sharing experience and making connections to form community. But where do they get their information from and how do they use this information in their posts? This study uncovered insights with important implications for digital research.
16.05 The future of Innovation in MR
- Discussion session, facilitated by Day One Strategy. A chance for all the presenters and delegates to discuss how the future of healthcare market research is evolving and what they think will be the ‘next big thing’.
16.45 Conclusions and wrap up
'Early bird' delegate fees for bookings made on or before 15th October 2021:
- Members: £189 + VAT
- Non-Members: £234 + VAT
(These prices include a 10% early booking discount).
Cancellation Policy for early bird bookings: full fee payable / no refunds given; however a substitute delegate can be accepted. (Our standard cancellation policy does not apply).
Delegate Fees for bookings made after 15th October 2021:
- Members: £210 + VAT
- Non-Members: £260 + VAT
Cancellation Policy: standard cancellation policy applies, as stated on booking form