Virtual Event - more details will be available soon
Wednesday 16 September 2020, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Coffee and Registration at 9.00am for a 9.30am start
Effective forecasting can be as much about communication of the forecast as it is about the methodologies used. For all of the detail that can go into creating an accurate forecast, requests for changes and the search for upside can often lead to final forecasts that are unsatisfactory.
This session will cover some of the key aspects of creating a robust forecast, but will also cover advice on how to manage the process of communicating the forecast to senior colleagues and dealing with their requests for changes.
It will be useful for anyone who has a stake in
putting together revenue forecasts at any level in a pharma company.
Outline programme for the day
Session 1 – Forecasting today
- Brief overview of what forecasting in a pharma company involves today, and how things have changed over the past 10 – 20 years
- Understanding the current forecasting challenges faced by different people of different roles in pharma companies
- High level overview of different forecasting methodologies and their suitability for different purposes
Session 2 – Key negotiation principles
- Understanding some of the key principles of negotiating successfully
Session 3 – Negotiating your forecast
- Interactive session to consider how we can apply the principles of negotiation to typical forecasting processes that exist within pharma companies
The workshop will be led for us by Paul Berg, Principal, Head of Commercial Effectiveness and Martin Fox, Engagement Manager, Commercial Effectiveness, both of IQVIA.
- See 'Downloads' section on the right hand side for speaker biographies
We are very grateful to all those who give their time and expertise for the benefit of BHBIA members.
'Early bird' delegate fees for bookings made on or before 27th February 2020:
- Members: £404 + VAT
- Non-Members: £494 + VAT
(These prices include a 10% early booking discount).
Cancellation Policy for early bird bookings: full fee payable / no refunds given; however a substitute delegate can be accepted. (Our standard cancellation policy does not apply).
Delegate Fees for bookings made after 27th February 2020:
- Members: £449 + VAT
- Non-Members: £549 + VAT
Cancellation Policy: standard cancellation policy applies, as stated on booking form