Virtual Event - via Zoom
Wednesday 16 September 2020, 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Half-day event 9.30am - 1.00pm
This virtual workshop will be a fully interactive training session with plenty of opportunity for engagement with the presenters and your fellow delegates. Breaks will be built into the sessions to keep you refreshed.
Effective forecasting can be as much about communication of the forecast as it is about the methodologies used. For all of the detail that can go into creating an accurate forecast, requests for changes and the search for upside can often lead to final forecasts that are unsatisfactory.
This session will cover some of the key aspects of creating a robust forecast, but will also cover advice on how to manage the process of communicating the forecast to senior colleagues and dealing with their requests for changes.
It will be useful for anyone who has a stake in
putting together revenue forecasts at any level in a pharma company.
Outline programme (provisional)
Session 1 – Forecasting today
- Brief overview of what forecasting in a pharma company involves today, and how things have changed over the past 10 – 20 years
- Understanding the current forecasting challenges faced by different people of different roles in pharma companies
- High level overview of different forecasting methodologies and their suitability for different purposes
Session 2 – Key negotiation principles
- Understanding some of the key principles of negotiating successfully
Session 3 – Negotiating your forecast
- Interactive session to consider how we can apply the principles of negotiation to typical forecasting processes that exist within pharma companies
The workshop will be led for us by Paul Berg, Principal, Head of Commercial Effectiveness and Martin Fox, Engagement Manager, Commercial Effectiveness, both of IQVIA.
- See 'Downloads' section on the right hand side for speaker biographies
We are very grateful to all those who give their time and expertise for the benefit of BHBIA members.
- Members: £210 + VAT
- Non-Members: £260 + VAT
Cancellation Policy: standard cancellation policy applies, as stated on booking form