Entries for 2022 have now closed - the deadline was 14th February 2022, 5pm
Submission deadline (for those who have entered and received the brief): 22nd March, 5pm
- Confirmed entrants will receive the brief on 1st March and should click on the 'enter now' button to upload their submission by 5pm on 22nd March
Awarded to a team for the most creative response to the BHBIA's 'Request for Proposal' in a fantasy tender.
Simply complete an entry form now, and you’ll receive the brief in March.
Are you a fieldwork fiend? Do you enjoy sinking your teeth into a challenging fieldwork brief? This award is yours for the taking!
The Creative Fieldwork Team of the Year Award is designed to let the diversity of our fieldwork members’ capabilities shine. Pick your best team, bring your expertise to bear, and showcase your ideal field approach to meet the requirements of the BHBIA’s Request for Proposal in the fantasy tender you’ve always dreamed of submitting.
The brief will be in the form of an RfP for a hypothetical UK-based fieldwork assignment. Your task will be to respond to the brief, demonstrating creativity in how the fieldwork is to be executed. You will not need to be constrained by your company’s actual resources – you’ll be free to imagine what could be achieved with unlimited expertise.
The judges will, of course, also be looking for demonstration of legal and ethical compliance, and they are open to challenge on any aspects of the brief that you may feel are unrealistic or inappropriate.
Please note that the RfP will relate only to the fieldwork element, not the whole market research project.
You will have a choice of responding to either a qualitative research brief or a quantitative brief. As this is a fantasy tender, your submission does not have to reflect your actual resources, but the choice of options means that you can pick the brief that fits best with your skills and experience.
- A chance to demonstrate the application of your skills to a realistic case-study based challenge;
- A level playing field: everyone works on the same task (either qual or quant version). A similar scoring system will be used for the qual and quant tasks so that an overall winner can be selected;
- No concerns about commercial sensitivity/client permissions - it’s a hypothetical brief and submissions are judged anonymously;
- As well as the chance of winning, taking part provides an opportunity to foster good teamwork, and a learning and development exercise for the team.
You can view last year’s winners here – click on the VIEW WINNER DETAILS button for Creative Fieldwork Team of the Year to see screenshots from the winning entry, which will give you an idea of the standard required.
How to enter
All you need to do now is click on the ENTRY FORM tab to register your intention to take part.
- Team members may be drawn from one company or from multiple companies and as a guideline we recommend that a team contains no more than 6 main entrants. If required, you will be able to list additional supporting team members to be credited in the ‘small print’.
- At this stage you do not need to tell us the names of all the team members – just the companies involved. When you send us your submission, we'll ask you to confirm the names of all those who have worked on it.
What happens next?
- We will contact you with details of the brief, which will be available from Tuesday 1st March and will include guidelines on the required (PowerPoint slide) format for submissions and the criteria on which your entry will be judged;
- You will have three weeks from the moment the brief is released to submit a proposal. Teams are free to work on the brief in their own time, prior to submitting their entry for judging - the 3-week timeframe is to allow ample time for entrants to put their heads together in the middle of otherwise busy schedules;
- You'll need to send us your submission by 5pm on Tuesday 22nd March.
The judging process
- Judging will take place in April - the panel will include fieldwork, market research agency and end client representatives;
- All entries will be anonymous when judged and the entries will remain completely confidential. They will not be seen or shared outside the judging panel or BHBIA Admin Team unless you give your explicit consent for this;
- The judges will be looking at your ability to bring both creative thinking and realism to your proposed solution.
The highly commended shortlist will be publicised towards the end of April. Before the publicity goes out, we’ll let you know whether or not your entry has been successful in reaching this stage. One of the highly commended entries will be announced as the winner at the awards ceremony on 16th May.
See FAQS AND ENTRY TIPS for further useful information - including details of the actual task that was set last year
View the Terms and Conditions of Entry