Entry deadline: 17th February 2020 – 5pm
Submission deadline (for those who have entered and received the brief): 23rd March
Awarded to a team for the most creative response to the BHBIA's 'Request for Proposal' in a fantasy tender.
Simply complete an entry form now, and you’ll receive the brief in March, to work on in your own time over a three-week period, then submit it for judging.
Are you a fieldwork fiend? Do you enjoy sinking your teeth into a challenging fieldwork brief? This award is yours for the taking!
The Creative Fieldwork Team of the Year Award is designed to let the diversity of our fieldwork members’ capabilities shine. Pick your best team, bring your expertise to bear, and showcase your ideal field approach to meet the requirements of the BHBIA’s Request for Proposal in the fantasy tender you’ve always dreamed of submitting.
The brief will be in the form of an RfP for a hypothetical UK-based fieldwork assignment and will include a budget range. Your task will be to respond to the brief, demonstrating creativity in how the fieldwork is to be executed. You will not need to be constrained by your company’s actual resources – you’ll be free to imagine what could be achieved with unlimited expertise.
The judges will also be looking for willingness to challenge the brief, and, of course, demonstration of legal and ethical compliance. Please note that the RfP will relate only to the fieldwork element, not the whole market research project.
- A chance to demonstrate the application of your skills to a realistic case-study based challenge;
- A level playing field: everyone works on the same task and your submission does not have to reflect your actual resources;
- No concerns about commercial sensitivity/client permissions - it’s a hypothetical brief and submissions are judged anonymously;
- As well as the chance of winning, taking part provides an opportunity to foster good teamwork, and a learning and development exercise for the team.
You can view last year’s winners here – click on the VIEW WINNER DETAILS button for Creative Fieldwork Team of the Year to see screenshots from the winning entry, which will give you an idea of the standard required.
How to enter
All you need to do now is click on the ENTRY FORM tab to register your intention to take part.
- Team members may be drawn from multiple companies and as a guideline we recommend that a team contains no more than 6 main entrants. If required, you will be able to list additional supporting team members to be credited in the ‘small print’.
- At this stage you do not need to tell us the names of all the team members – just the companies involved. When you send us your submission, we'll ask you to confirm the names of all those who have worked on it.
What happens next?
- We will contact you with details of the brief, which will be available from Monday 2nd March for you to work on at your own pace;
- You'll need to send us your submission by 5pm on Monday 23rd March (this will be in the format of a PowerPoint presentation – full submission guidelines will be provided along with the brief).
Judging will take place in April - the panel will include fieldwork, market research agency and end client representatives.
At the same time as providing the brief, we’ll provide guidance on the specific criteria on which the entries will be judged.
The highly commended shortlist will be publicised towards the end of April. Before the publicity goes out, we’ll let you know whether or not your entry has been successful in reaching this stage. One of the highly commended entries will be announced as the winner at the awards ceremony on 11th May.
See FAQS AND ENTRY TIPS for further useful information