Entry deadline: 15th February 2021 – 5pm
Competition day: 27th April 2021, via Zoom
Awarded to the newcomer (up to 3 years' experience in business intelligence) who performs best in a series of individual challenges.
A chance for newcomers to shine.
It will be an intense and challenging experience, but you'll also meet others, learn new things and have fun!
- Opportunity to demonstrate your core abilities and skills, regardless of your specific experience or job role;
- Enter as an individual – and take part in individual exercises based around a fictitious product launch scenario;
- Friendly atmosphere – a chance to meet and network with other entrants and the judges via Zoom breakout rooms;
- A developmental opportunity as well as a competition – all entrants receive detailed feedback;
- Special ticket privileges for the Awards Ceremony;
- A £250 cash prize for the winner!
How to enter
All you need to do now is ask for your manager's permission, then click on the ENTRY FORM tab to register your intention to take part. As of 31st December the year prior to the competition, you must have no more than 3 years' total experience in any business intelligence roles (non-healthcare roles also count towards this).
Please save the date of the competition day, and we will be in touch with more details and to let you know if you have a place.
Places will initially be restricted to one per company, but a second person can apply and will be added to the waiting list, in case we have space. Full BHBIA member companies are given priority.
Places are limited, and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis – so don’t delay!
What happens next?
We will contact you after the entry deadline to let you know if you have a place.
If so, we’ll then be in touch nearer the time with details of the programme for the day and any instructions about how you need to prepare.
The winner will be announced at the awards ceremony on 10th May.
See FAQS AND ENTRY TIPS for useful pointers, including more on the stipulations around multiple entrants from the same company.
The Best Newcomer event is formally recognised by the MRS CPD Programme, which may be of interest to you if you are an MRS member – click on the FURTHER INFORMATION tab for details.