Entry deadline: 15th February 2021 – 5pm
Submission deadline (for those who have entered and received the brief): 22nd March
Awarded to the team of analysts who have best showcased their skills in turning complex datasets into an interactive, engaging report that tells the story within the data.
Simply complete an entry form now, and you’ll receive the brief in March, to work on in your own time over a three-week period, then submit it for judging.
Can you turn data into an engaging story? Are you an expert in your chosen reporting tool?
Using data sets drawn from published NHS resources and a brief giving you the requirements, create a report that will work for sales reps, managers and head office users.
No long submissions, trawling through historic work or even leaving the comfort of your cubicle to take part!
Your task will be to load the data in your favourite reporting tool and create an interactive, engaging report that tells the story within the data. In the past, successful entries have typically been in the format of dashboard-style reports that facilitate dynamic display of the data.
- A chance to showcase your team's analytical skills;
- A level playing field: all teams work on the same task;
- No concerns about commercial sensitivity/client permissions - it’s a hypothetical brief and submissions are judged anonymously;
- As well as the chance of winning, taking part provides both an opportunity to foster good teamwork, and a learning and development exercise for the team.
You can view last year’s winners here – click on the VIEW WINNER DETAILS buttons for Analyst Team of the Year and Analyst of the Year to see screenshots from the winning entries, which will give you an idea of the standard required.
How to enter
Note: this is a team award - if you are an individual, please enter Analyst of the Year - which is specifically tailored for individual entries - i.e. simpler than the team task, suitable for a solo entrant to work with. (Also please note that any given individual can only enter one or the other - i.e. the same person cannot enter Analyst of the Year as well as being part of a team entering Analyst Team of the Year.)
All you need to do now is click on the ENTRY FORM tab to register your intention to take part.
- Team members may be drawn from multiple companies and as a guideline we recommend that a team contains no more than 6 main entrants. If required, you will be able to list additional supporting team members to be credited in the ‘small print’.
- At this stage you do not need to tell us the names of all the team members – just the companies involved. When you send us your submission, we'll ask you to confirm the names of all those who have worked on it.
What happens next?
- We will contact you with details of the brief, which will be available from Monday 1st March for you to work on at your own pace;
- You'll need to send us your submission by 5pm on Monday 22nd March (full submission guidelines will be provided along with the brief, but the report format is up to you - the only restriction is that the judges must be able to view the report without having to buy a licence!)
Judging will take place in April - the panel will include analytics experts with client and agency experience.
At the same time as providing the brief, we’ll provide guidance on the specific criteria on which the entries will be judged.
The highly commended shortlist will be publicised towards the end of April. Before the publicity goes out, we’ll let you know whether or not your entry has been successful in reaching this stage. One of the highly commended entries will be announced as the winner at the awards ceremony on 10th May.
See FAQS AND ENTRY TIPS for further useful information