Entries for 2022 have now closed - the deadline was 14th February 2022, 5pm
- Confirmed entrants will be taking part in the competition on 23rd March and should click on the 'enter now' button to upload their submission by 9am on 24th March.
Two separate awards:
- Analyst Team of the Year: Awarded to the team of analysts who have best showcased their skills in turning datasets into an interactive, engaging report that tells the story within the data
- Analyst of the Year: Awarded to the individual analyst who has best showcased their skills in turning datasets into an interactive, engaging report that tells the story within the data, in a specially tailored competition
The 2022 Analyst and Analyst Team of the Year competitions are virtual, ONE-DAY events, which will take place on Wednesday 23rd March, 2022.
This means that you only need to commit a single day to your report development yet still have all the glory of winning the Analyst or Analyst Team of the Year.
Using data sets drawn from published NHS resources and/or other sources, your task will be to load the data in your favourite reporting tool (Excel, Power BI, Qlik, Tableau etc.) and create a dashboard report in response to the requirements of a specific brief.
Of course, the data sets you will be working with will require no cleaning or matching, to ensure you can focus on delivering a great report that both tells the story and engages the viewer in ways that make them want to explore for themselves.
How will this work?
- The data will be made available to download from 07:30 on Wednesday morning, so you will have a little time to have a look at it before joining a virtual briefing, at which time all entrants will be given the brief for the output we want. We'll also provide guidance on the criteria against which you'll be judged;
- You can use any tool you want to deliver the output but it must be accessible by the judges without the need to buy a licence;
- You will have to submit your project by 9am on Thursday 24th March, with your online entry form, and judging will take place later in the month;
- The judging panel will include analytics experts with client and agency experience. All entries will be anonymous when judged and the entries will remain completely confidential. They will not be seen or shared outside the judging panel or BHBIA Admin Team unless you give your explicit consent for this.
Why take part?
- A chance to showcase your / your team's analytical skills;
- A level playing field: everyone works on the same task (teams only compete against other teams; individuals only compete against other individuals. Dataset size and complexity will be appropriate for teams or individuals);
- No concerns about commercial sensitivity/client permissions - it’s a hypothetical brief and submissions are judged anonymously;
- As well as the chance of winning, taking part is a good learning and development exercise, and for teams it also provides both an opportunity to foster good teamwork.
You can view last year’s winners here – click on the VIEW WINNER DETAILS buttons for Analyst Team of the Year and Analyst of the Year to see screenshots from the winning entries, which will give you an idea of the standard required.
How to enter
All you need to do now is click on the ENTRY FORM tab to register your intention to take part.
We will contact you ahead of the competition day with all the details you'll need to take part.
If you are entering Analyst Team of the Year:
- Team members may be drawn from multiple companies and as a guideline we recommend that a team contains no more than 6 main entrants. If required, you will be able to list additional supporting team members to be credited in the ‘small print’.
- At this stage you do not need to tell us the names of all the team members – just the companies involved. When you send us your submission, we'll ask you to confirm the names of all those who have worked on it.
The highly commended shortlist will be publicised towards the end of April. Before the publicity goes out, we’ll let you know whether or not your entry has been successful in reaching this stage. One of the highly commended entries will be announced as the winner at the awards ceremony on 16th May.
See FAQS AND ENTRY TIPS for further useful information - including details of the actual tasks that have been set in previous years
View the Terms and Conditions of Entry